Monday, September 18, 2006

The unique Blogger Post ID for this post is: 115864841288835312

Allie:Feed the Hungry, not the Politicians...

This is an email I received today from Pete Ashdown:

President Bush will be attending a fund raising dinner for my cash strapped opponent, Senator Hatch.
In response to this, I am personally buying dinner for up to 150 people at the Alta Club on August 29th at 6:00 PM. This dinner will be financed out of my pocket and will not draw from campaign donations. What I ask of the attendees to this dinner is to make a sizable donation to a charity of your choice that deals with hunger in America. I will have a list of suggested charities at the dinner and my staff will collect and tabulate and send the donations. No charity is coordinating with the campaign on this dinner, they are simply receiving the donations as designated by the attendees.

Senator Hatch, President Bush, Secretary Rice and anyone else are welcome to attend this dinner.

This is not a campaign fund raiser and donations to my campaign will not be funneled to this event or the charities. If you wish to make a donation to a hunger charity in response to this effort outside of the event on the 29th, please let me know.

If you can attend the event on the 29th, please RSVP* by Friday, August 25th. Choose chicken, beef, or vegetarian menu items.

I can't remember how to post an email link, but if anyone is interested in attending the dinner, the RSVP email address is feed-rsvp@pashdown.org.

Also, apologies to Tyler for the hijack. If he didn't want me to ever post anything, he would have taken away the ability, right? :)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.